Thursday, November 10, 2011

In the Kitchen: Peanut Butter and Choc Chip Cookies

I have been attempting to get more organised recently and try to stick to a menu plan. So the kids and I have been spending a lot of time flicking through a variety of cook books and drooling over the pictures of the delicious food. 


After all the cooking inspiration we made Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies. It is such an easy recipe and has fast become a family favourite.  This is the third batch of cookies in a little over a week!



Here's the recipe:

1 cup of peanut butter (smooth or crunchy, depending on your preference)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp bicarb soda
1 egg
1 cup of chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine all ingredients (it's that easy!) Once combined, roll small portions of the mixture (about a teaspoonful) into balls. Place on a baking tray and bake for about 8-10 minutes, until golden. The cookies are quite soft when taken out of the oven so let them cool on the tray.

I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.

I have such fond memories of cooking with my Mum as a child and of course fighting with my little Sister over who got to lick the spoon! I hope my children look back at the fun times we have in the kitchen fondly as well.

What are your favourite kitchen or cooking memories?

2 comments:

  1. That's right Sally, this recipe doesn't have any flour. The bicarb helps it rise. I was a little skeptical but they turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...